If you're struggling with unruly aquatic vegetation and pond muck, we have a simple three-step solution to reclaim your shoreline. Take these steps and you’ll be enjoying your pond again. Let’s dive in!
Step 1) Cut It
A lake weed cutter is a must-have for any pond owner, allowing you to slice through your lake and pond weeds in just minutes. Our industry-leading pond weed cutters feature a unique V-shaped design with razor-sharp blades, made for slicing through just about any type of rooted aquatic vegetation such as milfoil, lily pads, pond weeds, and even cattails.
When used properly, weed cutters are a safe, chemical-free, effective method to control lake and pond weeds. Weed cutters come in a variety of sizes.
- The Weed Razer Express is compact and lightweight and cuts a 30” wide path, making it ideal for smaller spaces and dock areas.
- The Weed Razer Original is a popular all-around weed cutter, cleaning a 48" wide path with each toss.
- The Weed Razer Pro comes pre-assembled with adjustable blade settings. It cuts a path up to 62” wide, making quick work of excessive aquatic weeds. Adjust the blade to as little as 30” – perfect for dense stands of vegetation or narrow spaces around docks.
Step 2) Rake It
Once you've cut your pond weeds, remove cut vegetation from the water with a pond rake. Vegetation, if not removed, will decompose and lead to muck accumulation, which will only fuel future weed growth.
In addition to removal, rakes dig and pull weed stems and roots from the bottom, slowing or eliminating re-growth. Pond and lake rakes are essential pond care tools and a great second step in taking back your shoreline.
- The Weed Raker lake and pond rake is the ultimate aquatic weed control tool, featuring the longest teeth and widest rake head in the industry. This multipurpose aquatic weed rake allows you to harvest your cut weeds, clean your beach, root-up weeds and remove muck.
- The Razer Rake, the first collapsible aluminum lake rake, is ideal for lakeshore maintenance, pond cleaning and landscaping. The razor-sharp teeth make it perfect for digging, cutting and mechanical removal of weeds, algae, muck and debris. When collapsed, it takes up less space than a shovel and significantly less space than other aquatic rakes.
Step 3) Roll It
In order to keep your pond looking good (and prevent a repeat of all that hard work from steps one and two), you will need to prevent future aquatic weed growth and muck buildup.
The innovative Muck Razer, an underwater mower, features hooked teeth that work to dig out stubborn aquatic weeds and churn up debris. The Muck Razer also agitates the muck on the bottom of your pond or lake, infusing it with oxygen and accelerating decomposition. This agitation allows natural bacteria and enzymes to work more efficiently to break down pond muck quickly.
To further remove pond sludge and muck, add our leading beneficial bacteria treatment, KleerMuck, which will improve your water clarity and remove up to 1" of pond muck per month.
Enjoy Your Pond Again
If you have completed the three steps above, you have successfully reclaimed your shoreline and you know how to get rid of lake weeds and muck. You now have more recreational opportunities such as fishing, boating, or just enjoying the water with family and friends.
Grab your favorite beverage – you’ve earned some relaxation time pondside!